View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 06:47 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
I posted these in the Mantle thread, but then Adam "Exhibitman" posted his 1952 Mantle and completely blew me out of the water. Maybe I should have posted them over hear to begin with.
Nice ones David.

As a fluke, I just recently picked up a "Baseball Thrills" and a "Rival All Stars" as well.
I picked up mine raw, and plan on sending them to SGC in a couple weeks.
I'd say mine are going to be mid - lower grade, but strong eye appeal also.

Following a '52 Mantle isn't easy to trump, but I have to continuously remind myself that a "BIG card" for some of us, isn't "BIG" for others. I personally may never get a '52 Topps Mantle, especially anytime soon. But I still find satisfaction with "lesser cards". Having to start your entire collection over is humbling, but yet you learn to appreciate cards that you might not have fully appreciated otherwise. I can appreciate a sharp looking $100 card, just as easy as I can appreciate a $25k card now.

Here is the Rival All Stars card that came in today.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.