View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
I suspect the end game of the grading component is to eventually build online competitive "registries" like they have with graded comics and coins. Users can build sets and get assigned points based of the grade of their items. The users with the highest scores get bragging rights.
And the registry set guys with the biggest ---- get bragging rights too. What a comical farce this is. Sorry, if I offend any 54 members but to most of those who do not participate in this marketing ploy of PSA, well we just usually laugh and feel the same way that Zipper does.
I collect for the (diminished) joy of owning something that might be interesting or historical. Not to have my name on a website that says mine is the best and all the rest of you cannot measure up to me. Most of us quit that type of thing years ago.
I truly hope this registry crap does not get started with autographs.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-20-2014 at 09:04 AM.