View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 04:41 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Although board member and all-around good guy Hank Thomas may not recall this, perhaps 10-15 years ago I purchased WaJo's wife Hazel's personal ticket that she used to attend Walter's 20th anniversary in baseball ceremony in August of 1927. This ticket was part of the Walter Johnson family scrapbook.
This has always been one of my favorite tickets, but I haven't had a great way to display it until recently.

A few weeks ago, Hank offered several WaJo photos for sale in the BST section.
I was immediately taken by a circa 1915 studio photo that featured individual photos of Walter, wife Hazel and their 1st born, Walter Jr.

After studying it's composition, I was convinced that this photo could pull together several WaJo related items that I've wanted to frame.

Anyway, by using some creative matting and archival materials, I was able to utilize the studio photos, pull in Hazel's 20th anniversary ticket and also use a nice WaJo cut that I've had for 15-20 years. The best part is that I have kept the studio photo intact for posterity.

Check out the end result. I'm happy to now be able to enjoy this daily as it now resides on my office wall.
That's really remarkable. Love how it came together, and 15 years later you have a one-of-a-kind, historic piece.