View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 01:12 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
Hi Michael!

I don't intend to get involved in this thread; I just wanted to circle back and clarify something on this post, which was brought to my attention last night.

We ship items of that size via FedEx 2-day, because packages of that size are not eligible for USPS "Click and Ship" service (and because we find FedEx more trustworthy with large packages). Because the item you won is extremely delicate, we special-ordered a 31 x 36 x 3" deluxe artwork shipper (ULine model S-9919, cost $103.00) to help prevent damage in shipping. With the piece inside, the box weighs about 11 pounds. The cost to send a package of that size and weight via Fed Ex 2-Day from our location to yours (without insurance) is $189.12.

So, factoring the costs of materials plus shipping, our cost to get your package to you is $292.12.

We charged you $177.33 for shipping, plus $3.00 for packing materials. I guess our software underestimated the shipping costs a little bit!

We do not charge for insurance.

Hope this helps!

-Al
I can add that Al sent a framed lot to me several years ago and lost money on the shipping. Al is an honest guy!