View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 11:04 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I think Greinke is a lock now. There are not 300 game winners anymore. Kershaw is not the standard of a HOF SP.

DeGrom is probably a no. He is 35, has pitched 4 complete seasons and still struggles to actually pitch without getting injured. Even by today's standards of starting pitchers, he barely plays. He's won 10 games 4 times. He's pitched 1,356 innings. I have to assume more than 25% of voters will look at stats that are not rate stats and notice he's barely played.

Votto seems likely to get in and has the momentum. Pujols and Cabrera are not the standard for a HOF 1B and never have been. Mickey Mantle is not below HOF standard because Willie Mays was better.

Altuve and Correa will likely come to politics rather performance, and politics in 20 years is unpredictable.

Yellich is 31 and has been average to alright for 4 years now. I am not seeing how this is a realistic candidacy at this point. Who was the last guy to make the HOF on the basis of 2 years performance amidst a career of mediocrity?

Goldschmidt is getting very close to a lock.

Last edited by G1911; 05-27-2023 at 11:28 AM. Reason: A tensing error.