View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 08:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I don't get it either. If you go to a prepper site many there can explain(LOL) why silver with be a valuable commodity if everything else fails.

For normal people I could see the coolness of having some silver bars laying around. I know a lot of people with a few of them, nowhere new investment amounts.
No matter how much silver I own, I will never look at it as if it's an investment. If one is buying silver as an investment, they are surely to be disappointed. For me, it's diversification and an insurance policy as Mark mentioned. I take a look at everything that's going on within our government where the Treasury printing presses are turning nonstop, and then I look at the massive amounts of debt and I can't help but to wonder how much longer can the house of cards continue to last before it all comes crashing down? Do you think we can really sustain that long term? What is your fiat currency backed by? A promise? Silver has intrinsic value and it's been a form of currency of over 5000 years. I don't put all my money into silver. I have my 401k and HSA that I fully fund, as well as a separate brokerage account and other smaller investments too. I don't put all my eggs in one basket. Silver (or other metals) aren't for everyone. If you don't like it, stay away from it. Don't buy it. But because you don't get it, don't knock me and anyone else for it.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 07-06-2020 at 08:12 AM.