View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Jeff Carlson

Default Fanatics Authentic

I wanted to see if anyone here has had experience with Fanatics Authentic out of Jacksonville?

I've been working on getting my 1963 Fleer set autographed and Fanatics Authentic held a Autograph signing on October 17-19 last year. One of the signers was Ruben Amaro. I sent in my card, along with a check for the designated amount along with return shipping. I found out that Amaro ended up cancelling his appearance. Two weeks after the event, my check was cashed, shortly after that, my card was returned to me. Also in the envelope was a note stating that a refund check would be issued shortly.

Except a check wasn't issued. In January I called them twice about the issue, never getting anything but voicemail. The check did eventually come in the mail and I deposited it last weekend. Today, I get a letter from my bank containing an Advice of Unpaid Deposited Items, which was (as you probably guessed) the refund check from Fanatics. To add insult to injury, my bank charged me $5 for depositing a bad check. So, now my total loss is $29.99. Not a princely sum, to be sure, but there is a principle involved.

So, are these guys legit and this is an unfortunate set of circumstances? Or am I dealing with a shady group and I have no chance of ever seeing my money again?