View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Tony Colacino

Default Any one else in quarantine?

Or as my wife so well puts it..."You can only call it Quarantine if you are from a certain region of France, otherwise you have to call it sparkling detainment".

I got home from Europe very late last night, after having to drive 7 hours from Newark, as opposed to JFK. Nice $140 cab ride to my car. We finally gave up on TAP airlines (never again) and flew United. TAP was nice to fly on there, lovely crew members and ground staff, but the support was sub-human. Cancelling flights two hours before boarding with everyone in the airport. No phone or email support. Cancelled 3 times.

This virus has been weaponized, politicized, etc. It seems to be the time we live in. I am not going to say anything political at all.

I was just wondering if anyone here had a story similar? I'm under self-quarantine for 14 days, but was able to stop at grocery and liquor stores on the way back with my N95 hospital-fitted mask. Bought out pretty much the whole grocery store, and enough alcohol for mer if I was still in college. Brought the wife wine and rum, because though she rarely drinks, I'm wagering in a week she will.

I'm going to use the next two weeks to actually figure out what I own in terms of baseball cards. I "think" I'm at 71 Ramlys, but have lost my list. I keep finding cards in binders that have value and I've forgotten I own. I may even do housework and work on cutting trails on my property.

Anyway, I'm bored, and stuck here, so I thought I'd just throw it out there.

All the best,

Tony