Thread: SGC pricing
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Default SGC pricing

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Every time I see someone cut and paste something and put quotes around it at the start of a post, it is done as if it validates whatever the poster then says... I can't recall having ever done it, and can't envision doing it.

JK, I apologize if I've boggled your mind. But slabbing a card doesn't alter the card. It remains worth what it was worth. Its marketability may well have improved. But that is all. Maybe a car with an empty gas tank is worthless, one with a full tank worth more... I think the car is worth what it is worth. I think it will sell for more if it is cleaned up, detailed, and all... And I perceive that is what happens when a card gets slabbed. For those that like slabbed cards they're willing to pay more. I concede that in most instances the slab has some value and the card has some value, which is more than the card alone.

Forgive me for collecting cards for the love of the card. Forgive me for not focusing on the marketability of my cards. But I didn't collect them to market them...

So I don't see anything at all that incorrect with what I posted. I do think you're mistaken about slabbing making a card more valuable. Maybe it is a distinction I see, one that you don't.