View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 03:15 PM
Mikeknapp

I’d sell the slabs and use the funds to purchase what you love. I too prefer post war baseball cards. However, I have difficulty holding onto it. I seem to sell it to fund purchases whenever a rare or hard to find a piece of 1971 Pirate related memorabilia crosses my path. I’ve sold too many slabbed 1950s Mantles than I like to admit when I see the current state of the market. But the reality of it is, that although the card values have far out paced the memorabilia, if I’m willing to spend the money I can recoup those cards any day of the week. I love the rarity of memorabilia. A while back I sold a pair of 1956 and 1958 PSA 6 Mantles to fund the purchase of Clemente pennant which is the only one known to exist. The Mantles are now significantly more valuable than the pennant. Nonetheless I’d do it all over again as the rarity and uniqueness items like that pennant are much more appealing and desirable to me. I’d obviously make a terrible banker but I’m definitely a great collector. If this isn’t your retirement fund then sell those slabs and collect what you love.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)