View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:53 AM
Rob

I've had two packages missing since November. One coming to me and one I sent. Finally after nearly two months of patience, the buyer of the second packaged asked for a refund. Totally understandable, but when I went to issue the refund within ebay I kept receiving an error message directing me to PayPal. I thought this was because too much time had elapsed (about 57 days at this point). PayPal did allow me to refund, but there was no mention of the final value fee refund, so I called ebay to see how that would work.

Long story short, I knew more about the refund process than the person in Manila I spoke with. He kept repeating my situation back to me incorrectly and putting me on hold to either ask someone or find an appropriate answer in his script. He eventually came back and told me he was going to close the case against me (with no refund given at this point) and in 48 hours I would be able to refund the money within eBay. Ummmmm...ok. I hung up with zero confidence this was going to work and it didn't but the case was indeed closed now. I ended up issuing the refund from PayPal, but still no final value fee credit on my account.

And while on the subject of customer service, though the service ebay provided was woefully lacking, they are light years more helpful than those at the USPS. This is how opening a case with the USPS works. You open the case and request a call back. A rep from the DESTINATION post office calls you and says "We have no idea where your package is. Per tracking it never made it to us". Click.

Wow...Thanks I never thought to check the tracking. So amazing. And some want to raise the minimum wage?