View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 10:38 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I like vintage Tom Cruise but many of his more recent films I haven't seen. How does it compare to the original?
I like it better. A lot better, and I love the OG Top Gun. A lot of it has to do with the technological advances since the first was made, and Tom's ambitious plan to put all the actors/actresses in the actual cockpits during the flight scenes, but the storyline is so damn good, too.

Personally, it's one of the best movies ever made IMO. My dad and I saw it on a Saturday a few weeks ago. I had to drag him to the theaters, cause he was gonna wait for the streaming/Blu Ray version (not a huge fan of theaters). I called him the next morning, exactly 24 hours since we saw it, and he was on his way to see it again. The number of people I know that have seen it multiple times is ridiculous.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 06-27-2022 at 10:40 AM.