View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Mike

Default Louisiana "Find" impact on T207 back interest?

Hey Brandon,

I tend to agree with Leon, that the find won't make much in the way of waves w.r.t interest in the other T207 backs. The general availability (or lack thereof) of the cards is as much a factor as the specific back. Yes, Cycle commands some premium (do folks just like red?), but the find won't likely change that much. The new Red Cross backs are a nice addition to the general population at large, but for me they're just another few cards of a back I'll likely never own... more possible now than before, but still highly unlikely.

As for the "back multipliers", other T207 collectors will have varying opinions on this, I'd imagine, but for me its not about the specific back as much as it is the "class" - Recruit vs Broadleaf. With either class of cards, its also hard to put a notion of what cards are "common" and for which a base VG price makes sense. Ask advanced collectors of the set about commons in the 155 Recruit class cards and you'll get interesting answers. Some are definitely common, some are definitely not ... there are lots of gray (and tan) areas in between. Generally, I tend not to even think in terms of multipliers because in many cases the back is irrelevant - you just don't often see some of the cards - when you do, if the back is Broadleaf or Anon Factory 25 will be of little matter if its the first (your player here) you've seen in 18 months of looking.

I guess this is a long way of saying - if the set has grabbed you, go with it, hold on and enjoy the ride - the backs will sort themselves out. Collect what you like and have fun!

--
Mike