Thread: Imagine...
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 07:24 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100backstroke View Post
What if... Bo Jackson never got injured in football. For what he did, during the brief time he played (as a side hobby to baseball), in my book he was the most dominant running back of all time. As it was he had better yards per carry than Jim Brown. The monster power! The Olympic sprinter speed! Sigh. He had more TD runs from scrimmage per carry than anyone. I never forget the time I was standing in line waiting to make a horse bet at Hollywood Park, Bo busted one for a TD, the place erupted so loud, was incredible! And the time he threw out Harold Reynolds at the plate...from the warning track...on the fly, no hop! Most amazing throw I have ever seen!
DITTO !

And, here's my Bo Jackson story.

Summer of 1987, my Brother-in-law and I (on the spur-of the-moment) took the train(s) to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees vs KC.
Bo Jackson is in town. The only seats we could get were in the upper deck RF. In the 7th inning Bo Jackson hits the ball and its coming
directly at us. It was hit with such power, that we quickly had to scramble to get away from it's path. The ball hit a row of empty seats
in front of us with such intensity that it caromed all the way back into the infield.

Now is that POWER, or what ? ?

And remember this, Bo was a right-handed batter.

TED Z

T206 Reference