View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 07:13 AM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimberleycardcollector View Post
My Target did have a sign for limit one of each item. I was able to pick up a Heritage High numbers box, 2021 Topps box, Topps 2021 Hanger Box and some loose Topps Chrome Packs. I was just excited to see something there after a long drought. Entire thread of empty Target shelves over on the Blowout Forum. I guess I was just there at the right time.

Yeah, I lurk on Blowout and found that thread. Honestly, if I didn't see that thread, I would have no idea what's occurring at retails stores.

I think I saw cards at Target maybe twice last year...and even then it was only a few packs. If not for that thread, I just would have assumed that retail stores just aren't ordering many cards these days.

Turns out that couldn't be further from the truth. Sounds like people are camping out, hoarding, buying entire shelves worth as soon as they are stocked. Crazy.

I don't collect modern cards really, but I typically like to open a few packs every year just to see what the cards look like.

I happened to be in Target over my lunch break last Friday and saw the guy stocking the card aisle...he wasn't done and the aisle was roped off. He asked if he could get me anything, so I asked if he could give me a Series 1 blaster. He was surprised I only wanted one. I could see the shelf was FULL of baseball cards, but he said it wouldn't last long.

I was happy to have a few packs to open. I wonder how long they lasted on the shelf?