View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 07:10 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
We will see. I am long on cards - very old, very rare, blue chip players, blue chip sets, etc. I believe the market for Cobb, Wagner, Ruth, etc will always be there, regardless of how this shakes out. There may be some damage concerning high grade t206s and 33 Goudey, and I think high grade cards from 1950s+ could take a real beating; but I am not worried about the likes of this card:
Nice run. That it my assumption as well. I'd throw Cobb, Gehrig, and Jackson in that same group. Lower grade, high eye appeal cards with a greater chance of being unaltered seem the safest long term bet at this point.

The huge premiums paid for some higher grade cards may come down if people realize most have been altered at one time or another. But based on the sales of high grade vintage and modern 9.5s and 10s I have not seen any indication of that as of yet.