View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 06:24 PM
Curt

Those journal cards were nearly the worst of what he had displayed on the table! Most of that stuff is tough, aside from the Red Man cards!

Would love a tour of that museum now. Hopefully he has good security.

I don't know who he is or if he is on ebay (presume he is though), but there was someone on ebay that I would sometimes compete with before they hid IDs. It seemed the guy would buy anything and everything Dodger related. We did battle over certain new Garvey cards at different periods of time. It looks like he is still active and was selling a few things. His ID shows Lake Elsinore, CA. Who knows, could be the guy.

I have the same passion for the team (w/o the link back to Brooklyn as i am only 51), but figured out a long time ago that I could not get everything. Aside from basic team sets and as much Brooklyn oddball as I can afford (luckily I bought a lot in the very early days of ebay) I focus on the oddball stuff for newer issues (pretty much anything that wasn't pack pulled). Police sets, Mothers cookies, postcards, team issued photos/photopacks, SGAs, etc.