View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 11:01 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
What does that even mean? He spent a significant time in jail away from his family. If you think this is nothing spend a day or two behind bars yourself and see if you still think it is nothing. How much did you lose as a result of Mastro? No one wants to answer the question. I’m going to guess very little if anything.
I never lost a cent with this guy but I did lose a lot with people like him. As a kid I had a dealer like Bill sell me a 181 Ruth that was fake. Did I lose money? Sure, if it was real when I went to sell it I was probably out 15-20k. The greater sin was loss of trust.
Bill chose to risk being away from his family out of his own personal arrogance and hubris, shame on him for risking his family for business. Why would a man even risk being away from his children by breaking the law?
Bill chose to betray people's trust for profit. Would you do the same?
Seriously, would you sell me an altered card knowing I was bidding on it as genuine?
Would you treat me so poorly as a bidder that you would have your friends shill bid so I paid more?
Would you victimize your family and clients the way Bill did? I'm guessing no.
He might of showed up at the Natty with hat in hand looking for forgiveness but he certainly hasn't made amends to the people he victimized.
He sounds like a nice guy, believe me, all guys like that are likable, that's their gig. I would question his moral compass and integrity as a human but that's just me.
He didn't rip me off but he has a reputation for ripping people off so I would take a hard pass on him being a part of my life.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 08-04-2021 at 11:32 PM.