View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
That happened to me once. The seller and I agreed on a price, he added a BIN so I could grab the item, and someone else grabbed it first. Big, stinky mess.
Same here - I still weep a little when I think about it: I contacted the guy late at night regarding an incredibly rare 1910's pool cue that I had only ever seen in the Billiard Encyclopedia. We agreed on a price and I stayed up for a while waiting for him to list it. The next morning it was gone - he had listed it for the BIN price we agreed on, early that morning before I woke up.

From an unscrupulous seller's perspective, I get it - you agree on a BIN and figure, if the guy you had the agreement with gets beat to the punch, who cares? You still got the agreed-upon price. In real life, deals like that end up with someone getting a black eye, but on the internet you can say anything you want, back out on any deal you want, basically be a turd in ways that you simply can't get away with in real life.

As soon as I can afford to close my business, no one without my phone number will ever hear a thing from me again (no offense )