View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Steve C.

Default T card era cigarette packs

I'm not proud to admit it, but I'm the high bidder on the EPDG pack in the B&L Auction. I paid way more than I wanted because I apparently got in a bidding war with peterb69, but I'm still happy with my purchase!

I wanted to upgrade my existing EPDG pack, which has a 1901 tax stamp with no overprint date information. As an avid T206 collector, the date info is very important to me as I would like to try and obtain packs as close to the T206-era as possible (I reaiize it's not an exact science).

What's interesting to me about the EPDG pack in the B&L Auction is that it has 1901 tax stamp with a 1910 date overprint. I'm no expert but I thought 1901 tax stamps had date overprints between only 1901 and 1908.

Here's my modest T card era cigarette pack collection. I've only been collecting them for a couple of years now, so it's just a start.

Jon Canfield - thanks for the education you provide through your very informative website. Much appreciated!

BTW, the EPDG pack shown in the scan is available for TRADE if anyone is interested. I know it's a long shot, but I'd trade it for a T206-era pack that I don't have, preferably Cycle, Old Mill, Polar Bear, American Beauty or Tolstoi. I can throw in cash or cards if needed. E-mail me at sschris@att.net if interested.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tobacco Packs Fronts.jpg (75.8 KB, 580 views)
File Type: jpg Tobacco Packs Backs.jpg (76.6 KB, 583 views)