View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 10:26 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I am more or less hibernating my eBay store until after the new year. I've let all my auctions run out w/o relisting. After the first there should be less pressure on the mail and eBay is doing that $1 USPS w/tracking shipping for cheap cards, which will be perfect for much of my stuff. No need to take the ratings hits from the current USPS struggles.

Mail theft is becoming a real problem. I guess crooks are wising up to the fact that lots of valuables are being shipped and that most mailboxes are easily opened, if they are even locked at all. I lost a 1967 Topps Bobby Orr to a mail theft (most of the boxes on our block were hit, repeatedly) and installed a security box that cannot be jimmied short of using a power tool or wrecking bar. I'd suggest anyone who wants better security do the same. These thefts are opportunistic, quick crimes by people who do not spend a lot of time and don't want to draw attention. If that doesn't work my next step is a scorpion in the box--that oughta be a nice surprise for a thief who sticks his slimy mitts in there. Or just rent a PO box at the shipping center I use for work. Perhaps combined with the scorpion.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 12-21-2020 at 10:30 AM.