View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 08:39 AM
Todd Jenkins

[IMG]20230315_084753 by Todd Jenkins, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20230315_085931 by Todd Jenkins, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here is a picture with not just a sports figure but my all time favorite sports hero. The first photo was taken when when went to one of Harmon's signings in Sioux Falls, South Dakota some 25 years ago. The kids are my two oldest kids and of course they are all grown up now. The second photo is the photograph I had him sign. He was interested in the photograph and asked me what I did for living? When I told him I was a teacher/coach he asked if we wanted to sit down afterwards at the concession area for a coffee . Who does that, what a great person!!

We talked about the photo and he asked me if I knew who he was shaking hands with at the time and I responded, Bobby Allison, I believe. He responded that is correct. He asked me where I got the photo, since has remembered the moment but had never seen the photo. I told him I purchased it online and gave him the info. I offered the photo to him to have but he said, No! hang it up in your wall, so it has been there even since. He asked what I taught and coached and we visited for 15 to 20 minutes. This is certainly the high point of my collecting. He was the most generous, nice man and left and endless impression on both me and my kids. The Killer was not a killer in person but more of a Harmless Harmon who was just a great role model.

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/187700522@N03/

Recent positve trades with: Brian Van Horn, frank bmd, nkesterke09, ajg, esehombre, mrmantlecollector, KC Doughboy, gregr2,bn2cardz, sycks22

Last edited by tjenkins; 03-15-2023 at 08:40 AM.