View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
D@ve R1cks

Default Question on displaying T206's

I am working on some displays to hang up raw T206s in my "man cave". Was thinking of using "floating" picture frames in 8 x 14 size, as I could fit about 10 T206s per frame, with nice spacing. (floating frames are where there is a piece of glass on both front and back, and so the cards would just be held in place by the pressure between the glass on front and back.)

Anyway, my concerns:
Fading. I think I'll be OK here, as the cards will be on the wall with the window, so they will get no direct sunlight. This is a room where the shades are usually closed over the window anyway. The picture frames do have UV glass which filters out 98% of uv rays (or so they claim). So I think fading shouldn't be a big problem.

The main thing I am worried about though, is potential damage to the cards from the floating frames. I am concerned that years down the road, when I take the cards out of their frames, that some of the front color on the cards might remain stuck to the glass or something. Has anyone ever tried floating frames before? Results? Am I silly to worry about this?