View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 11:57 AM

That's OK, Adam. Thanks. You wrote of getting a nice Morrell Meats Sandy Koufax at the National last year, and I had eagerly wanted to know which year you were able to get. No strings attached. You see, my book on regionals contains a chapter about a Morrell Meats Sandy and I was curious as to what year yours happened to be. All the Morrells of Sandy are super cards.

You've expressed very well the vital matter of manners, personal conduct, and conveying genuine warmth and kindness to a former athlete's fans. Those experiences greatly affect the fan, however it may go down.

By the way, while I know you do not collect commemoratives or post career cards of Mr. Koufax, just recently I got a package from Bob Lemke with his fantasy 1961 Post Cereal of Sandy. Honest Adam, he has brilliantly captured the aura and the essence of those delightful cards. He meticulously searched for the fonts that most closely matched the original '61s. Not sure what the total cost was, but for under twenty bucks postpaid, I am so very pleased with it. The smiling portrait Mr. Lemke chose was perfect. Being that 1961 was the breakout year for Sandy, I feel it is significant.

Sure, it may or may not appreciate in value. That has no bearing whatsoever why I wanted it. It is a genuine baseball card work of art and I love this card.

Not trying to force my will on you, friend, but since I know Sandy is a primary of your collection, I just know you would appreciate having a piece such as this one. True, I do collect some of the post career cards, but I am very picky and use discretion.

Have a peaceful, pleasant day. ---Brian Powell