View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Tom Boblitt

The other issue with paypal 'gift' if it hasn't been discussed is that by sending money via gift you waive any recourse you might have in the event that the transaction goes wrong. That is if someone doesn't use insurance to ship and you did 'gift' and it gets lost and you want your money back.......so sorry.....

Not gonna say I haven't done it before but Jeff does make a good point in that if my boss came to me and wanted me to work for free, I'd tell him to pound salt. If you're a seller on ebay, you can get a debit card to pull $$ from your seller's account and use it for purchases and get a small amount back of that 2.9% that they charge you.

In all actuality, it's illegal to request that someone pay you 2.9-3% MORE for an item for you to accept paypal. At least that's the way I understand it. That invalidates the user agreement for accepting Paypal. You should build that into your fees or what you're requesting for the item OR give a discount for cash/check, not charge a vig for the choice to use Paypal. Don't think anyone's gonna beat down your doors but always good to know what's up........

If you buy on eBay, Paypal is an absolute must. I can't imagine living without it on ebay. It expedites the transaction, gives you a moderate amount of protection--even more if you use your credit card on the purchase, and keeps an online record of payment for a LONG time.