View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 01:27 PM
Jay Shumsky

From the video link, I'm not sure I would call that rioting. Most of what could be seen looked pretty calm with people just walking around and a few climbing poles (not sure why that is so popular in Philly). There's always going to be a number of drunken idiots getting arrested win or lose. In looking at local reporting from Philly, I didn't see any mention of any large scale problems. The link below talks about 14 arrests which probably is no worse than a normal night in a lot of major cities.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-loss/3498484/

"There were some incidents of vandalism, but for the most part the crowds were not rowdy.

However, SkyForce10 did capture a brief clash between a large group of Philadelphia bicycle police officers and a group of people along Broad Street.

Philadelphia police later revealed to NBC10 that one officer was injured, but refused medical treatment. At least one person was arrested for assaulting a police officer.

Besides the assault arrest, two other people were arrested on misdemeanors and 11 were arrested for disorderly conduct during the evening, police told NBC10."