View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 05:08 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
What many posters on this site think of as a bubble because it extends outside traditional collectors, is in my opinion the leading edge of a a significant wave of new interest.
I would guess less than 1% of the population currently ACTIVELY collects cards. Imagine if through public promotion by Kevin Durant and others that number went to 3% or 5%, or more..
"
I have no problem with new collectors. The fear for me is new collectors realizing they collected poorly, lost staggering amounts of money, and then leaving the hobby. Modern cards have high risk. RCs of Griffey, Thomas, Pujols, Ichiro, etc etc all tanked as they continued to age. Jeter and Trout are anomalies, and I don't think new collectors know that. It's a supply and demand thing. Acuna, Harper, Springer, etc etc will all fall in price eventually. If new investors enter the market for the wrong reasons, to make a quick dollar, than we are sitting on a bubble. I want every new collector to stay, but that is highly doubtful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo