View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 10:43 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Within the last 10 years, I was driving north on the Cross Island Parkway around 4am. It was a Sunday morning and I was driving from my apartment in Floral Park to after hours spots in either Astoria or Jackson Heights...where ever the early morning would take me.

[By 2010, I started going out later and later. If I went out at 5am, I'd be still having fun, but my partying would be significantly shortened, I would save money and wouldn't be tying one on. Tying one on was what Sunday afternoons were for.]

So, it was the Sunday after Belmont. On the Cross Island, I saw a disabled car in the right hand lane. Now there is no shoulder over here, so this car was in a precarious position. Then I saw a woman opening the drivers side door with a solo cup. I said to myself, "This woman is in trouble". I pulled over and she tried to get me to fix her car. She was completely loaded. There was alcohol in her red Solo cup. She got in the car and we got off at Northern Blvd. Somehow I was able to figure out she lived in Glen Cove. She propositioned me a few times. I am certainly no saint. At that time, I was definitely more of a creep. We finally got to her house and she invited me in. It was a big old house. I declined. Not because I was this upstanding man, but I really had no idea who was in that house.

Anyway, I got to the after hours. I remember driving home around 7:30 - 8:00 am and coming south on the Cross Island Parkway and the car was still there.

Last edited by Kevin; 02-12-2021 at 10:44 AM.