Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Arthur R!ch

Nothing I can really post scans of, but I've been working on collecting unopened wax packs with HOFers showing, trying to get a pack with each HOFer showing for every issue I attempt. Lately, I've been ripping boxes of 1989 Donruss Canadian. There's nothing different about the cards themselves but the packs and boxes are different in that the packs have only 10 cards in them compared to the US packs with 15 cards and the back panel on the boxes mention that they were distributed in Canada.

Here's an example of a Canadian pack:

I was able to find a Griffey, Jr. pack, a Smoltz pack and a Biggio pack, amongst other lesser names. No Schilling or Randy Johnson though, which I was bummed about. It's nice to be able to collect some variant of the cards I collected as a kid and still have it be somewhat of a challenge. The Canadian stuff can get very difficult to find.

Here's the Griffey pack. You can make out the name at the top.

Got another case of a tough Canadian issue sitting in my closet so will probably get to work on that set at some point too.

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx