View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Jamie

Default Meet The Cobbs...

Hey Everyone,

I have been fairly quiet lately...But I am very excited to finally share my progress with the Board on my Cobb back run... It really is amazing how helpful this website is to collectors. (thanks Leon)

I started out attaining one of the most difficult backs (the Drum) off ebay... Then about 18 months went by until one day I saw a Cobb Lenox pop up (also on ebay).... This dates back to May of this year.. once I had the Lenox and Drum.. I thought I would give it a go... over the last 6 months I have been hard at work trying to find all the different backs .... trying to get some of them has been very challenging as only a few are known to exist in some cases.. and even when you find them...these are not exactly cards that collectors are willing to part with... But this website is filled with a great bunch of guys...and I have had a lot of help from the board... I would like to take an opportunity to thank several people for without them my progress would not be possible... BIG Thanks to.. Brian, David, Mark T, Ted, Miguel, Stefan, Mark S, Derek, and Chris.

I have only shared this picture with a couple people.. but even those few will hopefully see a nice surprise... as today I acquired what I now consider to be the rarest card in my collection... The Cobb BL460.. I understand that perhaps this is the only Cobb BL460 known to exist!.... and I am extremely happy to add it to the run..... Below is the pic of the collection and some fun facts about the backrun, and the more difficult cards:

Just cause I got it in the mail today I will give this one its own pic

There are 29 backs in total.... 25 T206s (including Blank back and Cobb back), The T214 Victory, and the T213 Types 1, 2 and 3..... I now have 22 backs.. and I am actively looking to add the following ones: EPDG, Sov 460, Pied 460 Fact 42, T213 Type 3.

Here are a couple notes about the cards.. Drum only 3 known to exist. RH only 5 known to exist. AB350 is very tough only 1 recorded sale in last 5-8 years that I could find (in HA.com). T213 Type 1 was another very tough card with only a couple being sold in the last 5-8 years. the Lenox only has 7 graded.. Carolina Brights has only 11 graded..and I believe the BL460 is a 1 of 1.

Hope you guys like the back run.. theres 6 months of emails and countless hours hunting on the internet all wrapped up into one pic.