View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 03:10 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I truly don't believe professional sports have taken a hit from their stands on any issues. I think interest in professional sports has waned for the same reasons why golf course membership is dying, bowling alleys are becoming extinct, college football teams can't sell tickets like they used to, no one goes to movies like they used to, no one watches the grammys and academy awards like they used to, . . .on and on and on. Just read last week that Disney attendance is way down at one of the parks.

With the growth of life online there are just so many distractions and avenues to go down to amuse yourself. And people just aren't as social as they used to. When I was growing up, parents held parties every weekend where folks from the neighborhood would show up with meals and people would get drunk, have the occasional screaming match, etc. Today it seems are barely able to wave hello to their neighbors.

Different times and people have changed to.

Agree. In my circle of people and crotchety old men in my family, including some very close relatives......the ones complaining about sports losing fans because of stances around social issues and sticking their nose into "politics", are the same crotchety old men who are the first to bring up politics at the dinner table in the first place.