View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 12:33 AM

My version was 1 of each Hall of Famer that had cards issued during their career in sets between 1909 and 1941. I became familiar with the Negro League players too late in the game, so they got left out due to affordability. For HOF managers it was fine if the card was depicting the Hall of Famer as a player or as a manager. In the Executives and Umpires categories I mostly gave my cold, bony shoulder, with notable exceptions of Branch Rickey, Clark Griffith and Charles Comiskey. I just wasn't too interested in having CEO/CFO/QC Supervisor, or General Wanker types on my roster of greats.

The total amount of cards needed with these parameters in place is 120. The Hall of Famers within my subset that have very few (while still being relatively available) card options include Jake Beckley, Elmer Flick, Joe Kelley, George Davis, Jack Chesbro, Charles Comiskey, Branch Rickey, Bill McKechnie, Lou Boudreau, Pee Wee Reese, Phil Rizzuto, Joe Gordon and Enos Slaughter. Thankfully the T206 set exists for some of the earlier players, and the 1941 Double Play set for some of the later players.

Brian