View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 10:56 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Wow. So many cool stories and great ideas. What I like most about it is the decisions collectors make about which card of each player to include...really interesting. I hope more people post their collections....

I don't have a formal HOF collection, though maybe I'll go through what I do have already and see where I stand. What I have done is to start collecting playing-era cards of the 10 greatest players in each sport that I collect (retired ones only, so far, so I can examine the entire career). It involves more opinion than the HOF and has less structure, but I still find it challenging. Plus, I enjoy thinking about and debating who the greatest players in each sport are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
Started on this when I was 11 years old. Progress is a bit easier now that I'm not mowing lawns for card money.

73% for career-contemporary cards of guys in the hall as MLB players. (Plus a Irvin and Page.)

100% for the post-war Japanese hall of fame. (Pre-war Japanese hall of famers are more-or-less impossible - and in a few cases just actually impossible.)
Your Japanese HOF threads is one of the most interesting I've read. Thanks again for that!