View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 06:54 PM
Jared

Default I need the 1915 Cracker Jacks, but do they need me?

So, a little backstory....

I collected 1915 Cracker Jacks in a uniform PSA 3 on two prior occasions and came within 21 cards of completion the first go around (2008-2014) and within about 45 the second time out (2016-circa 2018). Trying to locate these cards in a PSA 3 made this hunt extremely enjoyable for me, but also frustrated the hell out of me during dry spells. There was some fatigue that set in toward the end of my last pursuit, although I had small children during round two, which made focusing on the collection a tad bit difficult.

Since cutting bait, I’ve done little more than collect some raw, well-centered Dodgers players sets from ‘52-‘53 Topps. It hasn’t been the same, though, and I’ve struggled to identify any other PSA-graded set that would captivate me in the same way. My question: Would it be wise or worthwhile to give it another try?

Some considerations:

1) Prices have gone up, but so too has my income.

2) The possibility of CJ fatigue is very real and I may never recapture that original excitement.

3) The current card market may be the wrong time to buy.

4) There may be something even more amazing out there not yet realized.

Leave it to my dealer brother to gift me a ‘15 Daubert PSA 3 and a dirty syringe to set me on the path. That being said, I’d really appreciate your thoughts.