View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 11:36 AM
Dave

I don't use Global Shipping.

However, I understand that most sellers who do, would not even entertain the idea of shipping Internationally otherwise.

I specialize in boxing and lots of oddball stuff, so I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I didn't accept International customers.

I am continually frustrated by the constant escalating prices of International Package shipping over the last 10+ years or so.

I'm sure it's lost me lots of customers over the years, especially on anything that weighs over 8 ounces.

I'm also amazed by the number of International buyers who are still willing to pay the ridiculous postage charges, for oftentimes, very cheap items.

Just yesterday I had somebody from Overseas buy a cheap $6.95 item off my website. Not only did they pay the $15.35 shipping charge, they sent me an excited note and glowing praises that they were able to find that item on my site.

Then I went to go print the label, and realized I need to up my International Shipping costs on the site again, because that didn't even cover the full charge, which just a few weeks ago was designed to cover even further regions like Japan and Australia, that I occasionally ship to.