Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 06:35 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscomicfantasy View Post
I have been reading all the replies to both threads so I gathered how high quality, rare, and diversity of your collection. I also hate that the so well cared for items you had were treated like they were. I hate the ungrouping of your sets, I hate the reserves not put on your items, but the unforgivable item for collectors is what he did with your items by leaving them to the weather and anyone who happened by your house.

So of course I would not consign anything to him after hearing your story, but now I can't even think of bidding on anything because he obviously is not someone who cares about the items. I know some collect to make money in the future, but most of us collect because we love the item, the person, the team, or just for the historical value the items might have. I cannot contribute to this person making more money or saving him from his eventual demise in this endeavor.

I know he was on this board, don't know if he still is but he had plenty of time to put up his point of view, opinions, or opposition to all the things people have been saying. It just seems that Dave's problem trumps all of the others I have heard. His silence on here since the auction ended saying all I need to know!
Again, I welcome Aaron's replies and rebuttal. I have done business with many on this site, both as a buyer and a seller. Most of you do not know me. I could be a BS artist (I'm not), I could be a drama queen (I'm definitely not), and there are always two sides to a story. I've given mine....where's the other side??? And Aaron, if you do reply, I can support everything I have said here...…..can you back up your story (or lack of story)???