Thread: Johnny Cash
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
I suppose I'm just an impossible old romantic, but I've always loved "Ballad Of A Teenage Queen".

Brings me back to the late '50s when my small North Jersey town still had a soda shop/candy store or two.
Hey Al, Jim here. Your post caught my eye, as it stated when you grew up in a small North Jersey town in the late 50s. It made me think how really good music, of any genre, can appeal to people no matter where they live or grew up. In this case a country singer from North East Arkansas reached all the way up to a small town in New Jersey!

I was born and raised in Mississippi county not too far from Dyess, which is also in Mississippi county where Cash grew up, in the 50s and 60s, but let me tell you it's a long way from Mississippi county to New Jersey! Goes to show that good music knows no boundaries.

I should have posted a picture of one of the records in the collection when I started the thread, so I will here. This one is an extended play album from 1958 and includes Rock Island Line. Enjoy the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0761.jpg (187.8 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0762.jpg (189.8 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0763.jpg (192.1 KB, 248 views)