Thread: Johnny Cash
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 10:32 PM
Tim Odeen

I don't know if Cash is in my top ten. But, my favorite music has always been his Highwaymen songs and later covers. Outlaw country is my favorite line of country music, followed by Neo-country of the late 80s and early 90s. Then I like western, like Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Anyway, I prefer Waylon over Johnny.

Highwaymen: "I fly a starship, across the universe divide. And when I reach the other side, I'll find a place to rest this spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a highwayman again. Or I may simply be a single drop of rain...but I will remain."

Also like "Don't take your guns to town."

A later song of Cash's is "God's gonna cut you down."

Another I like is "Jackson" duet with his wife.

I also like some of his gospel music.

I grew up in Montana, and my dad was the regional manager for Montana. He got country music shows to come to Billings for three summers: 95, 96, 97. It was a great childhood. Merle Haggard came one year and I fell asleep in concert. I still don't connect with Haggard.

I think I first learned about Johnny Cash because his daughter was on the radio. My parents probably mentioned she was his daughter. I watched a lot of CMT, but I don't recall hearing him too much, although they played George Jones every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo