View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:55 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcrab View Post
I am guessing the unopened packs in the boxes are put together by yourself and the boxes are stuffed so they appear to be filled . Right ? If you tell me they are all real and full .... I am speechless. It is a great display I love wrappers and boxes. Don’t have much In my collection but the art, colors and graphics on the old Topps products are beautiful. I am sure the photos don’t do it justice. It must display great in person I am jealous !!!
Thanks so much....been quite a while since I have actually been in the case but if memory serves the boxes pre 1969 or 1970 have about 5 actual duplicate cards in each stack but made to appear full....boxes after that thru 1980 I think are full with actual cards but just commons or semis and most cards displayed are VG but collectible for someone like me for display...I have completed sets from 1957 thru 2019 with a few exceptions....and from 1981 thru 1995 I have full unopened wax boxes...all boxes and wrappers you see displayed are original...it's cool to see the price progression, the change in box and wrapper design, the premium inserts, etc...I have folded all those original wrappers (is that a hobby sin for which I must repent?) to look like original packs in each box...collecting the boxes and wrappers was one of the most enjoyable things I have done in this hobby...it took about 10 years to get all those boxes and wrappers in such nice shape and displayed but I thoroughly enjoy them...not sure I would undertake such a venture now...makes for such a nice display and conversation where most everybody that sees them can relate at some point in their lives

John

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk