View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengoldin View Post
Thanks to Ryan Dillman for getting in touch with me so i could speak to the auctioneer.
here is the email

Ken,
Let me introduce myself. I'm Brad Hicks Licensed Indiana Auctioneer.
A customer of ours here at the auction house Ryan Dillman contacted me about some signed sports items I have on consignment this week. Some but not all bear your name....can you verify he contacted you and that the holographic images he pointed out are not part of the authentic items you verified back when you worked for Scoreboard.
I normally say a disclaimer on COA's before I ever sale such an item anyway.... with all the dishonest dealers out there. And hey lets be honest anyone with computer skills can produce a compelling COA in this day and age.
Some of the pictures are available on my listing at http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/1660014.html
If you can please verify this for me it will let me know how to handle this situation
Best Regards,
Brad Hicks

I spoke to him on the phone as i was in my car. He said he is pulling all the items and asking the consignor permission to give me his name and phone # as i explained that although it maybe difficult for authorities to prove forgery, it is not difficult for me personally to sue someone for illegally using my name (which is what they do when they make a fake cert). He said he would get back to me. I asked 'is the consignor in Florida' answer 'Yes'.
I will contact him monday for the info, and if not will see if i have legal grounds to make him produce the info to me.

Either way, someone out there thought enough to contact me and have it stopped before the auction started, so thank you Ryan Dillman
and Thank-you Brad Hicks for pulling the items from your Auction @ Auction Zip. Where autographs are 99.99% forgeries, nothing real, ZIP.....hence the name Auction ZIP. STAY AWAY FROM THE ZIP, IMHO