View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 03:34 PM

Default HELP!! Unidentified Ernie Banks baseball card! Only know existence?

I believe i have a 1/1 known Ernie banks baseball card. I have looked in every corner of the internet and traveled near and far to talk to experts. No one has been able to identify this mystery card. At the top is a black and white picture of Banks when he was younger, probably in his mid 20's, wearing a cap and showing a large smile. Below that is his name written in bold. Beneath that is a series of numbers and letters, which represent dates and positions. It looks like this:

Picture
Ernie Banks
IF 1/31/31 6-1 TR BR

I understand the numbers are his birthday, and IF may be infielder, but the TR and BR remain a mystery to me.....

Turning to the back! On the back there is not a single, date, company, copyright stamp, location, number, or anything. The only thing on the back is a list under the self titled "Ernie Banks." It goes as the following:

ERNIE BANKS
3 Center Fielder
4 Left a Fielder
5 Shortstop
6 Catcher
8 Pitcher
9 1st Basemen
10 2nd Basemen
11 3rd Basemen
12 Right Fielder

What is so intriguing about this piece?? IT IS IN MINT CONDITION. I have never seen a card so well preserved in my life. It looks like it was in hibernation from when it was printed out until I woke it up from its slumber. My question is, how does a card that appears to be so old look so untouched and pristine. My other question is.... WHAT CARD IS IT. I will disclose photos when I feel the time is right. If any Ernie Banks experts can help out, I would really appreciate it!!