View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Default Insane Caramel Prices

Posted By: warshawlaw

Since it is the same pose as the T206, it is as close as any of us mere mortals will get to owning that card. I know I was watching those cards closely for just that reason until I fulfilled a long-time desire and bought a CJ Plank instead. That said, the price was quite high, even for a very popular card.

Re: E93 McGraw. You can look at it one of 2 ways: either someone got a heck of a bargain or everyone else is overpaying for all the other caramel cards that have sold lately (I tend to think the former). Coincidentally, I was offering a PSA 1 McGraw at the same time and a buyer refused what I felt was a fair price because of that $232 sale, so I kept the card rather than play lowball to match what I felt was an anomalous sale. A year from now, my price will have been a bargain and I will get 50% more for the card. My point being that when it comes to these cards it doesn't pay to be too cheap about it; time and time again we've seen that an extra $25 doesn't make a whole lot of difference a year or two down the line.