View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: Aaron

No prob, Dan. Since I paid by personal check, I knew I was gonna have to wait as long as a couple of weeks to get my lots, but I wasn't in any particular hurry or all that ancy to get them. But when I checked my bank account and saw that the check cleared on the 24th (about a week after I sent payment), I figured I'd get my lots anyday.

When I finally called Heritage on June 2, what really incensed me was discovering that the lots hadn't even shipped yet and the customer service rep's rudeness when incorrectly stating that they weren't going to ship anytime in the near future either. Her supervisor wouldn't speak to me, and I finally got help by speaking to another rep and her finally admitting that even if their timeline was correct, my package should have shipped a couple days earlier.

Waiting ten days for the check to clear is normal. Waiting eight business days AFTER the check clears (and then still refusing to ship), to me at least, is not.

Anyway, actually getting the lots has turned out to be the easy part. They didn't send the listed LOA with a game worn item I won and I have since learned that it was apparently lost, and not actually authenticated by two of the three authenticators listed on the lot's item description (and that this was pretty much uniform for all game worn lost authenticated by SCDA in the Heritage Auction).

Not a fun experience all around.