View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 07:33 AM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles Paintings

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Back in 1985, I responded to an ad in Sports Collectors Digest from a woman who was a talented artist who recently started painting baseballs and I commisioned her to paint balls of Cal, Eddie & Brooks...I thought the work she did was so good I then asked if she ever painted portraits on a bat..

She replied she hadn't but the thought had crossed her mind and if I sent her up a bat, she'd give it a try at no cost...

Bill,

That bat is outstanding. Please post some pics of the baseballs. I would love to see them. Do you remember anything about the artist? I think I see some initials of the artist under the portrait. It would be cool if she was indeed from Maine.

I have a couple of paintings in my collection. The first one I received for Christmas from my wife in 1983. The artist was in the mall doing portraits for families. She did the Brooks Robinson from one of his postcards.

1983 Brooks Robinson painting by Grace Eng

DSCN2167.jpg

The second painting of Jim Palmer was done by an artist named H.E. Halvorsen. I haven't been able to find any info about the artist. I picked it up at a card show in the mid 1980's. Interesting hat design? I don't remember the Orioles wearing that version. LOL

Jim Palmer Painting by H.E. Halvorsen

DSCN2169.jpg