View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 01:09 AM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

I'm certainly no "expert" on when this sticker began being reprinted, but if you really did purchase it in the late 80s I can't imagine it was being forged at that time. I was at a large show in Cincinnati in the Fall of '89, and dealers had the regular '86 Fleer Jordan RC on their tables at the whopping cost of $10. I decided to pick one up, and the dealer said, "I'll throw in the complete set and the stickers if you want them for an extra 5 bucks." I thought about it for a few minutes and finally agreed to give him $15 bucks - for an entire 1986 Fleer set, including the Jordan RC and all the stickers!

As an aside, at that same show there was also some kid and his dad sitting at a table (with no one in line) near the exit. If you bought a 24x36 poster for $10.00, they would both sign it for free. I was nearly out the door and thought, "eh, what the heck." So I turned around and went back and bought a poster, and had it signed by the 2 bored gentlemen.

So to recap that 20 minutes or so as I was leaving the show, I got a Jordan RC, an 86 Fleer Basketball complete set with the stickers, and a dual signed "Griffey - The Next Generation" poster...all for $25 bucks.

And on the way home I was wondering to myself if I had made the right choices blowing that much extra cash on those impulse "borderline" items. Lol

Considering that I also traded an extremely scorching hot '86 Donruss Jose Canseco to a dealer for a beautiful '57 Topps Roberto Clemente...turns out that may have been one of the best days of my collecting life!

(But I digress, lol...Sorry to stray so far off topic. Nice Jordan sticker...congrats!)