View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 07:44 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I collected a little bit of everything growing up, when I was first introduced to cards. Eventually, I settled on baseball predominately, like many. Not ever sure why. My interest in the games were mostly through the cards anyway. I would catch games here and there in baseball, football and basketball. Can't say I have ever watched a hockey game from start to finish.

Ebay made collecting easier in many regards, but harder in some. Budget minded collectors have so much to choose from, but in the end, only so much to spend. Unlike a shop, where I might look through all the cases, I don't find my self actively seeking out most non-baseball items, but I do have a deeper interest in the oddball, especially local team stuff from when I was a kid (Seahawks, Sonics, Mariners). Things like 7up cards, Team issued fan mail postcards, Nalley boxes, Fred Meyer photos, B&W 5x7 and 8x10 early team issued player photos). Sometimes something will just catch my eye and I will want it. Some of the stuff off the top of my head outside of the Seahawks that i really enjoy with football are vintage cards signed (70s -80s are where I know the most about the players), Hi-C posters, vintage Raiders & Vikings, Slim Jim Discs, Sugar Daddy cards.

I would probably enjoy seeing threads and images, but not sure I would have much to share. Most of my football pick-ups these days are fairly few and far between. I should focus more on the signatures though, to catch up with baseball!
Great info, Curt, and sounds like you have some great stuff and would have plenty to share. We don't just share new pickups but talk about lots of sets, players, teams, leagues, etc from all eras so your current items would fit right in.

jeff