View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 03:19 PM

Talking I'll See you and raise a Dozen Injury's

Afternoon,

Back to work this week after Knee replacement surgery 2 months ago, one of the worst two months I've been through...and still suffering through PT three times a week. Reflecting on some of my past calamaties and afflictions........

Gout, aw the good ol' Gout, diagnosed at 28, rough for the first 5-10 years, 2-4 attacks per year, then a lull in my 30's-40's, resurgence really bad in my early 50's, since discovering Allipuronol at 52 last 6 years maybe 1-2 attacks. So no complaints but nothing quite is like the pain of Gout.

Pulled a Steel metal sidewalk double door on my head when I was in my 20's, 80 stiches later, that one hurt!

Wrecked a Motorcycle when I was 30 or so, broke wrist, bruised ribs, broke finger, went home, to work week later something burst at work, rushed to emergency room, said I was having muscle spasms, sent me home with Valium, slept for 2 hours woke up with my Stomach like a beach ball, rushed back to hospital, burst Spleen, Catheter within 5 minutes, you could hear me scream throughout entire Emergency room. Was clinically dead (Bled Out twice) they had to remove all my organs to the side to vacuum me out, then 24 staples, re-surgery a year later to mitigate the scarring, 9 days in ICU, 3 weeks in Hospitol, 3 months out of work. Yeah that was a little painful.

60 Hour SnowStorm in Denver I'm driving on I-70 with my Seatbelt on, roads are shit, Lady slides across 4 lanes at a 90 degree angle, I T-bone her and the Seat Belt in my AMC Eagle SX4 breaks I go through windshield Face first (Actually Chin), 68 Micro stiches in chin on the inside, 28 on the outside. Left with a nice 2 inch scar but at least with Beard its unnoticeable. Lawyer said if I was Female worth 300K, got a measly 30K cause I don't have Breasts! Now that was pain!!!!

ATV'ing in Steamboat doing jumps about 8-10 ft high, made it 6 times, 7th time machine went one way, I went other, Beers were involved! Went to emergency room Doc took X-Ray comes in laughing, OK I can see 7 broken ribs but if I take a little higher X-Ray I may be able to find you a couple more, but wha'ts the point!! By far the worst pain of my Life, had to drive 75 miles home with No Pain reliefe, couldn't breath for 2 months, out of work 3 months.

Boy I sure go to extremes to get out of work!!!!!!!

Neil