View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 02:31 PM
M0rrie Mu||ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I’m not at all surprised; the collective memory of this group is outstanding. To most of us, six years isn’t really that long.
Well, and the comments on the imgur page are from 2016, which makes checking the archives at least logical. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emd023 View Post
One, last thing, checking eBay, I am seeing that the price of my Ty Cobb has skyrocketed since I found these six years ago. Is there any reason for this?

I also just noticed that the back of my card has a "Star Gas Company" stamp and what looks like two stickers. Does this hurt the value of the card? I cannot seem to find any info online about this. Thanks.
Technically yes, though there are some collectors (myself included) who have a fondness for back stamps. Stickers, not so much. But in a purely technical sense, yes, a stamp or sticker generally reduces the value of a card.

With this card, I'm not sure it matters a ton. It will get reasonable money for an "Authentic" grade.

Speaking of stamps, I don't have any in my collection with the name that's stamped on several of yours. I'd love to pick one up if the time comes that you start piecing out the collection.