View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone have issues with SGC holder damaging cards?

Posted By: E, Daniel

Hey Kirk, I love the card and whether it's high dollar or not really didn't guide my response...
As I said, I sympathize, I just don't think it's worth a whole lot of hand wringing. If you want to call SGC as has been suggested, I'll bet you'll get some pretty good customer service but obviously can never be made whole. I think when you're working with molds and plastics and cutting those plastics to custom fit cards of all sizes - you will inevitably get some out of many produced which aren't perfect.
Hundreds of thousands made, at $7-$10 a pop including the grading assignation, and you're not going to get an 'archival' tomb of the very highest order.
In fact, I've spent plenty a penny on Art being framed, and I assure you that when time comes to remove the pieces the impact of the ultra expensive framing will not be invisible. They're just clever enough to hide the effects out of view behind mats, frames and backing, and buyers of such pieces understand that paper artifacts/ephemera remaining in pristine condition after going through the framing process is simply unrealistic.

Daniel