View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Colby Neal-Tan

Default Answers to the questions.

Hello everyone who has commented,

First, I do not have any intentions to try waste anyones time viewing this post. I have been collecting since I was a kid. My baseball cards and memorabilia was funded by my grandpa. When he died in 2004 I stopped collecting cards, because being 13 years old made it a little hard to afford it. It sucked taking 8 and a half years off from collecting but I had no choice with no money.

Now I have a job, I can finally collect again! I am still in college at Oklahoma State University and I have been lucky enough to meet some pretty amazing people that have cards. Over the last few months I have bought multiple lots of cards from people that are on the verge of kicking the bucket. Needless to say I have bought hundreds of cards from the 50s and 60s. These cards just happen to be the only cards I am interested and comfortable in collecting.

Yesterday, I bought two sets (1959 Topps & 1954 Bowman) and t206 cards from an old woman. Her father and grandfather collected cards. They died 5 years ago, abandoning their lifetime worth of colectibles. The house/barn has been vacant since the father died. It was on a large plot of land just open to the environmental forces. When we arrived a cow was literally in the living room... From there you guys know what I found.

The reason I post such threads about authenticity, because when I was young and fueled by funds from my grandpa I got scammed. I bought a Mickey Mantle autograph baseball for my grandpa's birthday. He died 3 months later of cancer. About 6 motnhs later I went to get it authenticated by PSA. Needless to say, it came back fake and broke my heart.

Since then, I have always been so skeptible of everything that I buy. I know there is a ocean of information to be had about t206 cards. Quite frankly it is an overwhelming nightmare. I don't know where to start. The best option to come to mind was ask collectors like you who have been buying cards like this for longer than I have lived. I asked you guys the question of its authenticity, because I just don't know. I thought it was too good to be true. I am asking why it is real, because I just want to know what to look for. I really didn't know why I would be questioned for wondering why something is real? I am merely just trying to learn from people who actually know what their talking about and care enough to help me.

Thank you,

Colby